Legal warning and data protection
1. PRELIMINARY INFORMATION
In compliance with Act 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION hereby informs you that it is the owner of the website www.ceuiam.com. In accordance with the requirement of Section 10 of the aforementioned Act, the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION hereby informs you of the following information:
The owner of this website is the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION, with Tax Identification Code G28423275 and registered office at C/ ISAAC PERAL No. 58 28040 MADRID (Spain), registered in the Foundations Registry of the Ministry of Education under number 60. The contact email address of the foundation is: [email protected]
2. PURPOSE OF THE WEBSITE
The purpose of this website is to publicise the services offered by the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION, and to reserve a space between the student/parent or guardian and the foundation for the use of its resources. All areas of the website are available for viewing and use, and their content is in line with the activities of the website on which you are browsing.
As a User, you are responsible for reading these conditions of use and if you continue to browse, you are deemed to have accepted them and are required to comply with them. We recommend you to read the following points carefully:
3.1. Liability regime
Browsing, entering and using the website, as well as the areas enabled for interaction between the User and the foundation, such as blogs and social media (hereinafter referred to as the website), of the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION gives you the status of User. Therefore, by browsing any content of the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION website, you accept all the conditions of use established herein, without prejudice to the application of the relevant legally binding regulations, if any.
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION website provides a wide range of information, services and data. The User is responsible for the proper use of the website. This responsibility will include the following:
- The truthfulness and legality of the information provided by the User in the forms provided by the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION for access to certain contents or services offered by the website.
- Use of the information, services and data offered by the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION in accordance with the provisions of these conditions, the Law, morality and public order, and without undermining the rights of third parties or the operation of the website itself.
3.2. User Obligations
Users are required to use the contents of the website in a diligent, correct and lawful manner and, in particular, undertake to refrain from:
- Reproducing or copying, distributing, allowing public access through any means of public communication, changing or altering the contents, unless they have the authorisation of the owner of the rights concerned or it is legally permitted;
- Deleting, eluding or manipulating the copyright and other data identifying the rights of the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION or its owners included in the contents, or the technical protection devices, digital fingerprints or any other information mechanisms that may be included in the contents;
- Using the contents and, in particular, information of any kind obtained through the website or services to send advertising, communications for direct sale purposes or with any other kind of commercial purpose, unsolicited messages addressed to a number of people regardless of their purpose, as well as marketing or disclosing such information in any way.
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION reserves the right to deny or withdraw access to the website www.ceuiam.com, at any time to Users whose behaviour does not conform to that stipulated in the conditions of use or to any applicable law, whose browsing involves a risk for the website or for other Users, or when established by court order.
Likewise, it will pursue the breach of the above conditions as well as any improper use of the contents of its website by taking any civil and criminal actions it is entitled to by law.
4.1. Website liability regime
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION does not guarantee the continuity, availability and utility of the website, its services or contents. Therefore, it is not liable for any damages of any nature that may be suffered by Users, the foregoing without prejudice to the provisions of these conditions of use.
4.2. Disclaimer of guarantees and liability for the contents of the website:
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION does not guarantee the absence of viruses or other elements that could produce alterations in Users' computer systems or in the electronic documents or files stored therein.
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION does not guarantee the legality, reliability, truthfulness, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the contents.
Therefore, the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION is not liable for any damages of any nature that may be suffered by Users due to possible technical deficiencies or alterations in the service produced by failures in the electrical network, in the data connection network and/or in the server.
5. POLICY OF LINKS AND EXEMPTIONS FROM LIABILITY
5.1. Disclaimer of guarantees and liability for services and content hosted outside the website:
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION is not liable for damages of any nature that may be suffered by Users as a result of the content of the websites they may access through the links provided on its website.
The website provides or may provide Users with technical link devices (such as links, banners, buttons, etc.), directories and search tools that allow Users to access websites belonging to and/or managed by third parties. The sole purpose of installing these links, directories and search tools on the website is to help Users search for and access information available on the Internet. The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION does not offer or market, itself or through third parties, the products and services available in these linked sites. Likewise, it does not guarantee the technical availability, accuracy, truthfulness, validity or legality of sites outside its property that can be accessed through the links.
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION hereby declares that in no case will it examine or exercise any type of control over the content of other websites, nor does it approve, monitor or assume ownership of the products and services, contents, information, data, files or any other material contained in the linked sites.
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION does not guarantee or assume any liability for damages of any nature that may result from:
- The functioning, availability, accessibility or continuity of the linked sites.
- The maintenance of the services, information, data, files, products and any other material contained in the linked sites.
- The provision or transmission of the services, information, data, files, products and any other material contained in the linked sites.
- The quality, legality, reliability and utility of the services, information, data, files, products and any other material contained in the linked sites, in the same terms and with the same scope as stipulated in general condition 9.2 regarding the contents and services provided by third parties through the website.
- Any use that is inappropriate and contrary to the Law, morality, integrity and public order that the User may make of the linked sites.
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION hereby declares that it has adopted all the necessary measures to avoid any damage to the Users of its website that may result from the browsing of its website. Consequently, The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION is not liable, under any circumstances, for any damages the User may suffer while browsing the Internet.
The CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION reserves the right to make any changes it deems appropriate, without prior notice, to the content of its website, both with regard to the contents of the website and the conditions of use. Such changes may be made through its website by any legally admissible means and shall be binding for as long as they are published on the website and until they are validly changed by subsequent ones.
7. DATA PROTECTION
In accordance with the provisions of (EU) Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, we hereby inform you that your data will be processed under the responsibility of the CEU San Pablo University Foundation in order to respond to your requests for information, and to keep you informed about any initiatives and events that may be of interest to you in the field of education or that may help us to better understand your training needs. Likewise, we hereby inform you that it is planned to create profiles from the personal data you provide us through any medium, including WhatsApp or any other instant messaging tool, if used. Profiles can also be created through your public fingerprint on the Internet in order to identify the products or services that may best suit you, as well as the best way to communicate them to you according to the preferences or habits you show, and which are offered by our foundation or entities related to it (*).
The CEU San Pablo University Foundation does hereby inform you that the aforementioned processing is legitimated by the consent given by the persons concerned or, where appropriate, by their legal representatives.
Similarly, the CEU San Pablo University Foundation does hereby inform you that the data will only be stored while your consent remains in force, except in those cases in which we are legally bound to store them.
The CEU San Pablo University Foundation hereby informs you that it will process the data in a legal, fair, transparent, appropriate, relevant, limited, exact and updated way. Therefore, the CEU San Pablo University Foundation undertakes to adopt all reasonable measures to delete or rectify them without delay when they are inaccurate.
We do hereby inform you that the CEU San Pablo University Foundation intends to communicate your personal data to Foundations, Institutions and Centres, dependent upon or linked to the CEU (*), for management purposes and in order to keep you informed of the activities and projects they carry out. We hereby inform you that there are no international data transfers planned.
In accordance with the rights conferred by the currently in force regulations on data protection, you may contact the competent Supervisory Authority to make any claim you consider appropriate, and to exercise your rights of access, rectification, limitation of processing, deletion, transfer and opposition to the processing of your personal data, as well as the withdrawal of the consent given for their processing, by addressing your request to the CEU San Pablo CEU University Foundation at C/ Tutor No. 35 - 28008 Madrid (Spain), or by e-mail to [email protected]
With regard to the rights of access, rectification, limitation of processing, deletion, portability and opposition to processing, which you can exercise before the CEU San Pablo CEU University Foundation, in accordance with Chapter III of the General Data Protection Act, you should take into account the following aspects:
- Right of Access: this is the user's right to obtain information about his/her specific personal data which has been or will be processed by the CEU San Pablo University Foundation, as well as the information available about the source of such data and the communications made or planned.
- Right of Rectification: this is the right of the person concerned to have the data that is found to be inaccurate or incomplete amended. It can only be exercised with regard to the information that is under the control of the CEU San Pablo University Foundation (for example, deleting comments published on the page itself, or images or web content containing the user's personal data).
- Right to the Limitation of Processing: this is the right to limit the purposes of the processing as originally envisaged by the data controller.
- Right of Deletion: this is the right to delete the user's personal data, except as provided in the General Data Protection Act itself or in other applicable regulations that stipulate the obligation to store such data for a given period of time.
- Right of portability: this is the right to receive from the CEU San Pablo University Foundation the personal data the user has provided, in a structured format of common use and mechanical reading, and to transfer them to another controller.
- Right of Opposition: this is the user's right not to have his/her personal data processed or to have the processing of such data by the CEU San Pablo University Foundation discontinued.
In order to exercise any of the rights described above, the following requirements must be met:
- Submission of a written document to the address: C/ Tutor No. 35 - 28008 Madrid (Spain) or via email to: [email protected]
- The letter sent by the owner of the data requesting the exercise of his/her rights must meet the following legal requirements:
- Name and surnames of the person concerned and a copy of his/her ID card. In the exceptional cases in which representation is admitted, it will also be necessary to identify by the same means the person representing him/her, as well as the document certifying the representation. The photocopy of the ID card will not be required provided that the identity is proven by any other legally valid means.
- Application in which the request is specified (exercise of right requested or information to be accessed). If it does not refer to a specific file, all the information with your personal data will be provided. If you request information from a specific file, only the information from this file will be provided. If you request information about a third party, it will never be provided. If you request it by phone, you will be told to do so in writing and you will be informed of how you can do so and the address to which you have to send the written request. You will never be given information over the phone.
- Address for notification purposes.
- Date and signature of applicant.
- Documents supporting the request made.
- The person concerned should use any medium that enables the sending and receipt of the request to be proven.
The CEU San Pablo University Foundation has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for ensuring compliance with data protection regulations in the processing carried out by our institution. You can contact the DPO to ask any questions, exercise your rights or offer your suggestions via email at: [email protected]
The CEU San Pablo University Foundation will be responsible for the processing of the data entered in the www.ceuiam.com forms and will also be responsible for adopting the necessary technical and organisational measures according to the risk involved in the processing of the data collected, as established in the data protection regulations, aimed at ensuring the security of personal data and avoiding its alteration, loss or unauthorised processing or access.
*CEU Institutions, Dependent Centres and Foundations: the CEU Abat Oliba Private University Foundation, the San Pablo Andalucía Foundation, the San Pablo Castilla y León Foundation, the San Pablo Sanchinarro Foundation, the Abat Oliba Foundation, the San Pablo Study Aid Foundation, the San Pablo University College, the Ángel Herrera Oria Cultural Foundation and the Asociación Católica de Propagandistas.
8. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION, itself or by assignment, is the owner of all the intellectual and industrial property rights of its website and the contents thereof (such as images, sound, audio, video, software or texts, brands or logos, colour combinations, structure and design, selection of materials used, computer programmes necessary for its operation, access and use, etc.) owned by CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION. Consequently, the works will be protected as intellectual property by the Spanish legal system, and both the Spanish and Community regulations in this field, as well as the international treaties related to the matter and signed by Spain, will be applicable to them.
All rights reserved. In accordance with the provisions of sections 8 and 32.1, second paragraph, of the Intellectual Property Law, the reproduction, distribution and public communication, including the making available of all or part of the contents of this website, for commercial purposes, in any medium and by any technical means, is strictly prohibited without the authorisation of CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION.
Users do hereby undertake to respect the Intellectual and Industrial Property rights owned by CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION. They will be able to view the elements of the website and even print them, copy them and store them in the hard drive of their computer or in any other physical medium as long as it is solely and exclusively for their personal and private use. Users must refrain from deleting, altering, eluding or manipulating any protection device or security system that may be installed on the pages of the CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION.
9. LEGAL ACTIONS, APPLICABLE LEGISLATION AND JURISDICTION
CEU SAN PABLO UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION also reserves the right to bring any civil or criminal actions it deems appropriate for the improper use of its website and its contents, or for failure to comply with these conditions.
The relationship between the User and the provider shall be governed by the regulations in force and applicable in Spanish territory. If any dispute arises regarding the interpretation and application of these conditions of use, the parties may submit their disputes to arbitration or resort to the ordinary jurisdiction of the judges and courts of Madrid.
Some of the images used in this website are attributed to Freepik.com